Aus CJ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Codjumping Community

+2
BurntToast
Axle
6 posters

Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams

Axle
    Axle
    Admin

Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams Empty Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams

Post by Axle Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:47 am

The event will be moved to the 10th of January 2015 2pm AEDST (click for local time) due to the server being down and a lack of participants.

The event will be a Team Relay Race, performed over 3 maps.  There will be 3 players on each team, with each team member completing one different third of the map each.
    I.e. Player 1 completes from Start to 1/3 of map
    Player 2 completes from 1/3 to 2/3 through map
    Player 3 completes from 2/3 to end of map

Team members may either spectate their current team member on the map (with a save ready), or be waiting on the map at their designated position. Only one player from each team is allowed to progress through their third of the map, and the order must be completed chronologically. These positions will be determined by Axle/BurntToast and players will be moved to their positions further in the map, before the race begins.

No shortcuts are allowed.
    No hax fps are allowed.

The maximum allowed number of Admins/Vips on one team is two. This is still preliminary, and is subject to change depending on the number of people interested in participating in the event.  I would encourage all admins/vips to participate in the event.

I feel like to add a bit of a twist, and to even out the competition, the teams are to be randomised.  The randomisation would be performed on the day of the event, and revealed on the forums at 2:15pm AEST via a direct screenshot from a random team generator website http://www.randomlists.com/team-generator , on this post.  If a team is randomised with all three members on it being an Admin or Vip, all of the teams will be randomised again until this is not the case.

All participants must also record a demo of their entire run and submit it at least 48 hours after the event has finished. This is to ensure no cheating takes place. If you do not submit your demo in time you will be disqualified from the event.

If you are interested in participating in this event, reply Yes! to this topic, and you will go into the pool of names to be randomised on the day and compete in the event.  
    To be eligible for this event you MUST do one of the following:
    1. Reply Yes! to this topic
    2. Directly let me or BurntToast know you will be participating in the event
    3. Contact me (axle92) or BurntToast (flamingtoaster) on Xfire to confirm participation.

Your name will then be added to the list of participants in this post.

Participants:
    Axle
    BurntToast
    MrLolCJ
    Mirko

If you are on the list to participate, but do not attend this event, you will not be permitted to enter the following event.

However, if you edit your post to inform us you will not be available, or contact either Toast or myself letting us know you can't make it, this is fine and you will be eligible for the following event; but this must be completed at least 1 day before this event begins.

Maps:
    mp_blue2 (Inter)
    mp_chance (Inter)
    mp_palm (Inter)

Points (awarded to a team):
    The top three teams that have accumulated the most points over the three maps will earn prizes.
    3 points for a map win
    2 points for second
    1 point for third

Prizes:
    1st Place: An upgrade of rank for 2 weeks
    2nd Place: An upgrade of rank for 1 week
    3rd Place: www.i-am-bored.com/media/3rdplacenatguardprize.jpg

Last edited by Axle on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:44 am; edited 8 times in total
    BurntToast
    BurntToast
    Admin

Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams Empty Re: Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams

Post by BurntToast Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:03 am

Yes!
    MrLolCJ
    MrLolCJ
    VIP

Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams Empty Re: Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams

Post by MrLolCJ Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Yes!
    Odyssy

Post by Odyssy Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:09 am

Yes!
    Mirko
    Mirko
    VIP

Post by Mirko Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:02 am

Im Going to say Yes!
    However i have so many events which randomly pop up, im barely on the computer anymore.
    I should be able to inform you guys if i cannot make it in advance.
    Sorry for missing the previous posts Axle but just wanted to add, random team generator is a risky move, the race could easily be decided before its even started. Maybe we could set teams 1 day before the event, to try make them as even as possible
    Axle
    Axle
    Admin

Post by Axle Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:54 am

Mirko wrote:Im Going to say Yes!
    However i have so many events which randomly pop up, im barely on the computer anymore.
    I should be able to inform you guys if i cannot make it in advance.
    Sorry for missing the previous posts Axle but just wanted to add, random team generator is a risky move, the race could easily be decided before its even started. Maybe we could set teams 1 day before the event, to try make them as even as possible

Welcome back Mirko!
    I can see your concern, but I am reasonably confident that the entrants will be more balanced than you may think.
    Since you have been gone, many players have improved and are jumping very well, and will be more than good enough at posting pretty good times in at least 1/3 of these maps.

If we do get a number of newer, lesser experienced players interested, I may look to set teams with the help of others to ensure balance. I feel like we're more likely to draw in players that have been around the server for a while though, with these inter maps posted.
    BurntToast
    BurntToast
    Admin

Post by BurntToast Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:00 am

Event moved to the 10th of January 2015 2pm AEDST (click for local time) due to server being down and a lack or participants.
    Odyssy

Post by Odyssy Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:41 am

Ok, may I ask is it the 10th or the 3rd of January? 2 different pieces of information here. I am unable to attend if it is decided to be held on the 10th as I am away between 7th - 17th.
    Thanks guys.
    BurntToast
    BurntToast
    Admin

Post by BurntToast Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:26 am

Ah fuck, ment to put 10th on the main post. Fixed.
    Shuffles
    Shuffles

Post by Shuffles Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:30 am

Event 2 - Team Relay - Inter Maps - Randomised Teams 57350325

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am